Instructions for Poster Presenters
Thank you for presenting at ICOPA 2022
This page is designed to prepare you for your poster presentation at ICOPA 2022. Please visit the page regularly for updates on technical requirements, deadlines and general information.
Who are these guidelines for?
- Presenting authors of abstracts selected for onsite Poster Presentations, which will be presented in paper format onsite and also be displayed as an E-Poster on the virtual platform, the congress app and the congress website.
- Presenting authors of abstracts selected for E-Poster Presentations. These presentations will be displayed on the virtual platform, the congress app and the congress website only.
As a Poster Presenter* you will need to:
Register for the Congress
A link was emailed to you with the registration instructions. Please refer to the email for further details. If you cannot find it, please check your spam box as well and contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible. You can also register on the congress website by clicking here.
*The requirement to register refers both to Poster Presentations onsite and those that were selected for E-Poster virtual platform presentations.
IMPORTANT: Abstract presenters who have not completed their registration or have not emailed the ICOPA 2022 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm any possible special circumstances by 27 July 2022 (Wednesday), 23:59 CET, will be removed from the Congresses’ scientific program.
Preparing a traditional paper poster
The paper posters will be displayed in two shifts. The same posters will be displayed onsite from the morning the shift begins until the end of the shift on the second day. You are kindly asked to remove your poster at the end of your respective shift, on the second day.
- The 1st shift will occur from Monday, 22 August – Tuesday, 23 August.
- The 2nd shift will occur from Wednesday, 24 August – Thursday, 25 August.
- Your poster will be displayed onsite during the respective two-day period.
Poster Sessions will occur in the evening, of Monday, 22 August & Wednesday, 24 August; between 18:30-20:00. You must be in the poster area to stand by your poster; delegates will walk through and want to ask you questions about your work.
It is also recommended that you stand at your Poster during coffee and lunch breaks.
Paper Poster set-up and removal
Designated poster board numbers were sent to all participants registered for in-person attendance. Unless they contacted the Secretariat before that date to specify that they would not be preparing paper posters. If you have not received it yet, please check your spam box and contact us at email@example.com.
The posters will be located in the Poster Area from Monday to Thursday (22-25 August); per your respective shift.
Please mount and remove the poster per the following schedule:
There will be a poster helpdesk onsite with staff to assist with any issues / questions that may arise.
1st Poster shift:
- If your poster is being displayed during the 1st shift Monday, 22 August – Tuesday, 23 August
- Please mount your poster on Monday, 22 August during open congress hours 08:00-18:30.
- Please kindly remove your poster after the poster session has concluded on Tuesday, 23 August by 18:45.
*Please note: Posters that are not removed in time, will be removed by the congress organizers and discarded.
* Please note: Hours are subject to change.
2nd Poster Shift:
- If your poster is being displayed during the 2nd shift Wednesday, 24 August – Thursday, 25 August
- Please mount your poster on Wednesday, 24 August during open congress hours 8:00-18:30.
- Please kindly remove your poster after the poster session has concluded on Thursday, 25 August by 18:45.
- *Please note: Posters that are not removed in time, will be removed by the congress organizers and discarded.
* Please note: Hours are subject to change.
IMPORTANT: Please note, that you are required to print and bring your own poster. Please see below for further guidelines on how to prepare your traditional poster.
Technical specification for paper posters
Please prepare your poster to fit the dimensions below.
- The dimensions of the poster board are PORTRAIT.
- It is recommended that posters are prepared on one sheet of material.
- The dimensions of the poster should not exceed 90cm wide x 120cm high.
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc. should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet).
- Double-sided tape and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters. Staff will also be available to assist you at the designated Poster Helpdesk at the Symposium venue.
- You can download a portrait poster sample from here. Before printing, please double-check the dimensions with your print service provider to avoid low print quality.
- Please note that you are required to print and bring your own poster.
Technical specification for E-Poster preparation
Please prepare and upload your E-Poster by 31 July 2022 – 23:59 CET.
REGISTRATION FOR THE CONGRESS
The presenting author must register for the Congress. If you have not already registered and paid your registration fees you are requested to do so online via the Congress website.
Only abstracts of participants who have paid their registration fees will be included in the program.
PREPARATION OF YOUR E-POSTER
We kindly request that you prepare your E-Poster for upload into the online system by following the below guidelines.
Please upload* your 1-page E-Poster as a PDF file in LANDSCAPE or PORTRAIT orientation.
- If you wish, you may use a landscape template that can be downloaded here.
- Or, you may use a portrait template that can be downloaded here.
Language: All E-Posters should be prepared in English
- File Format: PDF format – 1 page
- Create your document in PowerPoint Landscape Layout 16×9 and save it as a PDF file
- Create your poster in a standard document software or a portrait-oriented PowerPoint and save it as a PDF file
- Font types: Arial, Calibri, Verdana, Times New Roman or Helvetica
- Font size: 11 points or larger
- Hyperlinks, animated images, animations and videos are not permitted and will be non-functioning
- QR Codes may be included
- Images and tables: At least 200 dpi – good picture quality is essential.
- When inserting images, photos, tables, etc., please use simple copy-paste and do not use embedded documents – the system does not support embedded files – audio or video
- Avoid overlapping objects and layers – only the final view/status will be visible
- When saving your PDF please do not use symbols or special characters (ie. +/@/ü) in the file name
- Please do not use headers and footers
- File size: Less than 5 MB
By following the guidelines, you will ensure your E-Poster is displayed correctly and is ready for upload.
Please note that by uploading your E-Poster, you agree to have it published in the Congress website, virtual platform and mobile app for the duration of 3 months following the ICOPA 2022 Congress.
You will receive a link to upload your E-Poster. If you have not received the link, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the upload service will be available until 31 July 2022.
**24hrs after uploading, you can log back in, click on “Upload Document”, and check how the E-Poster will appear on the online platform.
If you wish to make changes, please use the “Edit Files Button”.
All delegates can view the E-Posters at any time during and after the Congress; for a 3 month period of time following the congress.
You are also able to contact the presenter, directly via email, by clicking the envelope icon on the E-Poster.
*Please note by sending an email to the presenting author you are providing them with your email address.
We thank you for your support in the ICOPA 2022 Congress and for assisting us in making it successful and memorable. We are available for any questions that you may have at email@example.com