Instructions for Oral Presenters
Thank you for presenting at ICOPA 2022
This page is designed to prepare you for your oral presentation at ICOPA 2022. Please visit the page regularly for updates on technical requirements, deadlines and general information.
Who are these guidelines for?
- Invited speakers in Plenary and Symposium sessions.
- Presenting authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation in Parallel sessions.
Please refer to the scientific program for further details on your session type.
- The preliminary scientific program can be viewed on the Congresses’ website HERE.
To view your entire schedule please access the general search and search for your last name.
All the sessions in which you are involved will appear, including the session title, date and time. Please make sure to check the online program regularly for updates as changes may occur.
As an Invited Speaker or Oral Presenter, you will need to:
Present your lecture or abstract onsite
- Invited Speakers and Oral Presenters are expected to attend the Congress in person and present their lecture or abstract at the Congress venue in their allocated session. If you will not be able to travel to Copenhagen, please contact us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Register for the Congress
- All presenters are required to register for the Congress. If you have not yet done so, you may find information regarding registration by clicking here. For any additional assistance, please contact our registration department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete a Publication Consent Form
- The Consent Form is completed online in your profile area and is mandatory for all presenters and moderators at the Congress. The ICOPA 2022 Secretariat has already emailed you your login details and further instructions on completing the form. If you have not received the form yet, please check your spam folder first, and email us at email@example.com.
Submit a short biography and photograph (headshot) for the interactive program and virtual platform
- Submitting a photo and short biography is not mandatory, however, it will allow the Congress attendees to get acquainted with your professional background before attending your session. The upload of this information is completed online in your profile area. The ICOPA 2022 Secretariat has already emailed you your login details and further instructions on completing the speaker profile. If you have not received this communication yet, please check your spam folder first, and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines
- The first slide of your presentation must be your name and presentation title.
- Please complete the conflict-of-interest slide found in the PowerPoint template and include it, as the second slide, in your presentation. The template can be found here.
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
- If you combine video clips with PowerPoint; the videos must be embedded as an MP4.
- For 5-min presentations, up to 4 slides are permitted.
Onsite presentation Slides Upload
- To upload your presentation, you must bring your slides to the Speakers’ Ready Room on a USB stick. Signs for the Speakers’ Ready Room will be clearly posted at the Congress.
- You are asked to only use the Congress computers in the session halls for presentation purposes. The Congress will not be able to support lecture slides presented on personal computers.
- Please note that your slides must be finalized and ready on the day of your session.
- Please upload your presentation slides in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the venue in the morning and at least 2 hours before the start of the session.
- If you combine video clips with PowerPoint, please make sure to test it in Speakers’ Ready Room during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session and at least 2 hours before the start of the session. In the Speakers’ Ready Room for your session, please check with the technician if the sound and picture from the video are transmitted well and repeat the test again during the break before your session in the session hall to avoid technical issues.
Speakers’ Ready Room Opening Hours
*please note: hours are subject to change
- Sun, 21 August: 15:00-20:00
- Mon, 22 August: 07:30-19:00
- Tue, 23 August: 08:00-18:30
- Wed, 24 August: 08:00-19:00
- Thu, 25 August: 08:00-14:30
- Fri, 26 August: 08:00-12:15
Presentation Layout and Ratio
- Format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format.
- Ratio: Please note that the congress computers in the session Halls are supplied with Office 2019 (at least) and the native ratio of the projection on the screens in the Halls is 16:9.
Important for MAC users
To use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer, please note that you need to prepare your presentation according to the instructions below, before taking it to the Speakers’ Ready Room:
- Convert it to PowerPoint or PDF.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (Special characters might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Insert the images as JPG. The following file types will NOT be visible on a PowerPoint based PC – TIF, PNG or PICT.
To promote your participation at ICOPA 2022, please refer to our Promotional Toolkit page. In addition to the official PowerPoint template for your presentation, you will also find ICOPA 2022 banners, letterheads and more.