Become an #ICOPA2022 Ambassador
WILL YOU BE OUR NEW AMBASSADOR?
JOIN THE #ICOPA2022 CONVERSATION!
ICOPA looks to build a worldwide network of scientists and professionals interested in parasitology and related fields!
ICOPA brings together researchers, students and professionals working in parasitology, and provides a multidisciplinary forum to discuss the latest developments.
But you don’t have to wait until the Congress in August, to be part of the discussion! Join the #ICOPA2022 conversation and be at the core of the community, by becoming an ICOPA 2022 social media ambassador.
We are looking for a diverse team of engaged individuals who are:
- Interested in parasitology
- Planning to attend the Congress in August online or on-site
- Active on social media
- Ready to spread the word before and during the Congress!
What does it mean to be an ICOPA 2022 ambassador?
As an ICOPA 2022 Social Media ambassador you will tweet/post before and during the congress on ICOPA lectures/topics/tracks that you are personally interested in. As the official language of ICOPA 2022 is English, most posts should be in English, but you are also encouraged to post in other languages you know.
What are the benefits for our ambassadors?
Apart from being at the centre of an international community in an exciting area of research, ICOPA Social Media ambassadors will receive recognition and extra exposure through the congress channels. If you are selected to be in the team of ambassadors, you will receive these attractive benefits:
- Two of our Ambassadors will be provided free onsite registration for ICOPA 2022
- Between three and seven Ambassadors will be provided free online registrations*
* Depending on the final number of Ambassadors
** Ambassadors who have already registered will be reimbursed
- In the months before the congress: The role does not require any more than a total of 2-3 hours a month of your time.
- Onsite: The role will not require more than an hour in total per congress day.
- Please note: As an ambassador, you will have our Social Media manager’s full support and can request assistance with any type of media content created (e.g., video editing/posting/short briefing meetings, etc.)
Further details on the Social Media Ambassador Role:
- Actively use the congress hashtag in ICOPA-related posts – promoting the use of #ICOPA2022 and #ICOPAnhagen before, during and after the congress.
- At the beginning of each month leading up to the event, you will receive an e-mail with marketing materials to share, including relevant deadlines and social media tips from email@example.com – our Social Media Manager.
- Post at least twice a month leading up to the congress – either suggested content by our social media manager, or posts of your own. You can decide which part/program feature/benefit of the congress you to post about.
- Be active during the event – some optional activities below:
- Live tweet from scientific sessions, tweet opinion posts, re-tweet important updates from the ICOPA channel
- Reach out to speakers of choice and conduct interviews with them after sessions (with the support of the onsite ICOPA social media representative)
- Share a short video of yourself wrapping up 1 or 2 Congress days
- Encourage your followers to share their experiences with ICOPA.
- Optional: Share a short video of yourself about why you are attending the Congress and/or publish a quote answering the question:
- “What makes ICOPA unique?”
- “What are you looking forward at #ICOPA2022”